Hello and welcome to Coquet Canoe Club. We are based at Coquet Shorebase Trust in Amble on the coast of North East England. We are a very active club, paddling year-round, locally and further afield. We embrace paddlers of all abilities and disciplines. New members are very welcome. If you’re new to the area or just visiting, come and join us for a paddle. In the meantime, please take a look round this site and you can find more club news on our Facebook page.
The Club is affiliated to British Canoeing and we have a team of qualified coaches and leaders:
- Linda Pooley. BC Level 3 White Water coach and leader; Moderate Water sea kayak leader and coach
- Andrew Steel – Moderate Water Sea Kayak Leader
- Liam Stephenson – Canoe Leader
- Alison Melia – Level 1 Sheltered Water coach
- John Robertson – UK CC Level 1 coach
- Mark Lyall – Paddlesport Instructor
- Ken Young – Paddlesport Leader
- Dave Chattaway – Paddlesport Leader; Risk Assessed for Site Specific Leading and Coaching
- Hamish Gibson – Paddlesport Instructor; Risk Assessed for Site Specific Leading and Coaching
- Felix Boudewijn – Risk Assessed for Site Specific Leading and Coaching
- Davey Jackson – Risk Assessed for Site Specific Leading and Coaching
During the winter months we plan river trips. There are easier trips for beginners and more technical trips for advanced paddlers. Sea trips take place year round when conditions are right. Pool sessions are also organised to practise the art of getting wet!!
If you would like more information about club activities please get in touch by visiting our Contact Us page.